Thursday 16 September 2010

How Can You Quickly Get Rid Of The XBox 360 RROD Error

The XBox 360 gaming console is just about the most widely used on the globe, adored by thousands and played daily. Its a wonderful looking machine, nicely specified hardware and of course the selection of game titles is just out of this world. Like many individuals I know, I very easily devote at very least two hours a day actively playing games - and frequently considerably longer than that.



Its not surprising, then, that I got very upset after i went to switch it on 1 day and yes it wouldn't operate. No video games, no audio, no fancy graphics, just a solitary pulsating red light on the front of the case. Obviously, this turned out to be the famous Xbox 360 RROD error - the red ring of death, and it is properly named, because my beloved gaming console was well and truly dead.

Some quick research uncovered that its normally caused by overheating leading to component failure in the GPU chip. As you can imagine its not something that can be fixed by just resetting the machine. I tried just switching ot off and letting it cool down - but no joy. Turns out that Microsoft will fix it for you free of charge if your Xbox 360 still has a warranty but guess what - mine had run out. not only was I looking at being without my console for over a month, but the whole thing would cost me well over a hundred bucks into the bargain. I had to find another way. I headed on-line and quickly discovered that the Xbox 360 RROD can be fixed quite easily , providing you have the right tools and a good repair guide. A quick look around uncovered several and soon i had downloaded one straight from the authors website.

It came with a load of great videos and even had an online community that would help me if I got stuck. Now, considering I'm a real DIY idiot, I managed to really surprise myself when I managed to do the repair successfully and get back to the serious work of gaming - and all in just an hour of my time. What a result!



If the console has suddenly developed the XBox 360 RROD problem, then fortunately aid is at hand - and will also cost significantly less than you might think. Its fast, cheap and simple. Take the cash you have saved and treat yourself to a brand new game - or on 2nd thoughts - why not buy several - after all you have just saved over $100 by doing the repair your self.

The XBox 360 RROD is actually quite simple to fix if you have the right tools and the right information. Whats more, it can be done much cheaper than the 'official' repair. To find out how to fix the XBox 360 RROD by yourself, click here to visit my website where I will show you in fine detail how its done.

No comments:

Post a Comment